Sunday, July 23, 2006

Everything’s Coming Up Josey


So, what to do you do when your fiancé marries your sister (who just happens to be your best friend)?

Becoming a missionary to Russia isn’t the first thing to pop into my brain. In fact, I gotta say, the idea of the memoirs of a Russian missionary just didn’t appeal to me the same as they did to the heroine of Susan May Warren’s new book Everything’s Coming Up Josey. But, with Josey Berglund as the tour guide through her misadventures, I have to say I have a new outlook.

Ms. Warren’s foray into chick lit shows how well her voice is tuned to the genre. There’s just the right balance of snark to vulnerability, laughter to tears to make this one of the most enjoyable reads in a long time. To say I liked the book is to put it mildly. It is fun, it is quirky, it whispers a statement (rather than banging you over the head with a mallet) that keeps you thinking of Josey long after you put the book down. I highly recommend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home